What We've Done
- Books Textbooks requested by refugees for their self-organized English classes. English-Arabic and French-Arabic dictionaries.
- Impact English classes grew from 400 to 2,000 students after we sent textbooks.
- Reading Glasses 1,500 pairs for Darfuri refugees in three camps + 250 pairs for Chadian villagers affected by influx of refugees.
- Lighting To help Darfuri women attend literacy classes at night, we sent a variety of solar-rechargeable lights for testing, including our own design made for refugee camps.
- School Supplies 18,688 pencils, 3,258 pens, 459 notebooks for Darfuris.
- Libraries Build libraries in Darfuri refugee camps in eastern Chad. Sales of our new book will determine how many libraries we can fund. We're giving all proceeds from the book to the UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR, for library development in the camps.
- Wishes Find out what additional specific book subjects or titles Darfuri refugees want.
- Impact Learn what books have the most impact on refugees' education, mental health, and job skills.
How To Help
- Buy Order your copy of our new book, What You Wish For > All proceeds support Darfuri refugee camp libraries. An all-star group of authors contributed in support of this cause.
- Donate Whether you can give $5 or $500, every penny counts and no amount is too small to make a difference in the life of a refugee. >
- 1 Minute Quick ways to help at no cost >
- Fundraise Plan an event to fund part of a refugee camp library Contact us >
- Books We are not currently accepting donations of books for refugee camps. Depending on specific requests we receive, shipping costs, and logistics, we might seek in-kind donations. To be notified, subscribe to our mailing list >
Get the details. View all our blog posts about our work with refugees >